About this Deal
Batik Boutique began with a friendship between two women.
In 2009, Amy became friends with Ana, a single mother, who at the time was looking for more income to support her family. They began brainstorming ways Ana could earn an income. Ana was able to sew, and together, they bought batik fabric that Ana transformed into unique gifts Amy gave to her family and friends. Soon, word spread and with it came demand.
Amy founded Batik Boutique in the belief that women like Ana deserved a fair and sustainable income, and the ability to provide for themselves and their families. Batik Boutique's vision is to upskill and economically empower hundreds of artisans like Ana to produce hand-crafted, high-quality apparel, homeware and gifts.
Batik Boutique is an award-winning social enterprise created to disrupt the cycle of poverty in Malaysia. We empower artisans from marginalised communities to produce fair fashion, home goods and accessories made from a traditional Malaysian fabric called batik.
We work with rural and urban batik artisans across Malaysia to create batik textiles on natural fibres. This fabric is then sent to the seamstresses at our training centre to create products in designs that you'll love. Through this model, we are able to alter the circumstances of marginalised communities by providing employment opportunities, sustainable incomes, and skills to achieve financial independence.
To date, we have worked with over 200 artisans and impacted the lives of more than 1,400 local beneficiaries. You can feel good knowing each purchase directly benefits the artisan who handcrafted the products and helps weave change in the lives of their families and communities.
We are a proud winner of the MaGIC Amplify Award for Social Enterprise.
Get 15% off normal priced items when you pay with a valid Visa card.
- For Website - Enter promo code VISA15 and pay with a valid Visa card.
- For Physical Store - Ask for Visa Privileges and pay with a valid Visa card.
Offer valid from January 1, 2022 00:00 GMT - December 31, 2022 16:00 GMT
Terms and Conditions
Merchant Terms & Conditions:
- Blair & Associates Sdn Bhd ("Merchant") is the sole provider of all goods and/or services under this offer and solely responsible for this offer. Offer details as shown are based on information provided by the Merchant.
- Merchant reserves the right to update or modify any of the terms and conditions at any time. In the event of any updates or changes being made, the revised terms and conditions will be posted on Merchant's website at least 1 week before they take effect.
- Payment must be made with a valid Credit/Debit/Prepaid Visa card to enjoy the privilege. Privilege is valid for Visa cards issued in Malaysia and outside of Malaysia.
- Valid on normal priced items only.
- The privilege cannot be exchanged for cash and not valid in conjunction with other promotion, discount or vouchers unless otherwise stated.
- No cash alternatives or refund will be offered in lieu of the discount.
- No minimum purchase is required.
- Privilege is only valid on merchandises and not applicable on merchandises for corporate, workshops and delivery fee.
Visa Terms & Conditions:
- To enjoy the privilege, payment must be made with valid Visa Credit/Debit/Prepaid card issued in Malaysia and outside of Malaysia during the stated campaign period.
- Promotion is subject to change. Promotion may alter or extended with notification on respective merchant's website.
- Other terms and conditions apply.