Dear Travellers, Travel & Media Partners,
In the wake of the outbreak of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-2019), we would like to bring to your attention the latest updates on the travel situation in Malaysia:
WEDNESDAY, 01 APRIL 2020
Dear Friends of Malaysia,
While we go through this difficult time in our war against COVID-19, let us take comfort in the fact that we are in this together. Many of our industry and trade partners are working together to render assistance the best they can in their own capacity during this pandemic.
Disinfection work and thorough clean up at hotspot locations are made possible with volunteers and donations from generous benefactors from the industry to reduce further spread of COVID-19. Our hoteliers too have offered support in terms of lodgings and space to our medical heroes at no cost to help ease their burden while they battle at the frontlines for us.
Here in Malaysia, we are committed in ensuring the health and safety of the people in our shores. This is clearly demonstrated when our Government placed a Movement Control Order effective 18 March to 14 April in a bid to contain the virus. As at 1st April 2020, we are happy to see the recovery of 645 COVID-19 positive patients, including tourists in Malaysia.
We are hopeful that we can weather this storm, especially when each of us contribute the best way we can.
Let’s continue spreading messages of positivity like our hotel friends here, who put up words of encouragement in support of #stayhome movement to eliminate COVID-19:
As always, stay safe and healthy.
1. Malaysia starts nationwide disinfection efforts to prevent coronavirus spread – Click here
2. Tune Hotels offers free lodging to HKL's medical frontliners – Click here
3. OYO offers free rooms too to Covid-19 frontliners – Click here
4. A message of love and hope from Kuching hotels – Click here
5. Health DG pays tribute to health workers – Click here
6. Hotel-hotel di Malaysia Manfaatkan Lampu Kamar untuk Sampaikan Pesan Positif Saat Masa Lockdown – Click here