Tuesday, 24 November 2020
Dear Travellers, Travel & Media Partners,
In the wake of the outbreak of the 2019 novel
coronavirus (COVID-2019), we would like to bring to your attention the latest updates on the
travel situation in Malaysia:
Dear Friends of Malaysia,
Our Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dato’ Sri Hajah Nancy Shukri has announced a detailed recovery plan through Economic Stimulus Package as part of its ‘quick win’ strategies to revive tourism sectors and to boost the domestic tourism campaign ‘Cuti-Cuti Malaysia’.
The strategies include three cores – to restore people’s confidence to travel, to revive domestic tourism as well as maximizing available resources.
Hence, in line with the introduction of a domestic travel bubble standard operating procedure (SOP) involving COVID-19 green zones, our Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture has outlined several initiatives ready for implementations.
The programmes include strategic collaborations and smart partnerships with several hotel associations, airlines as well as public transportation companies by offering vouchers, discounts and cash rebates starting 24 November as follows:
- Partnership with Malaysian Association of Hotels (MAH)
- Consumers can book stay packages using an online shopping platform, Shopee.
- Consumers can also redeem rebate vouchers up to RM50 and RM100 for purchasing stay packages (minimum 3 Days 2 Nights) depending on the hotel category
- The first 12,500 consumers who book the minimum stay packages are eligible for RM20 cash e-voucher to buy other items at Shopee.
- The campaign starts from December 2020 until February 2021.
- Collaboration with Malaysia Budget Hotel Association (MyBHA)
‘Jom Nginap’ Campaign
- Consumers can get RM20 cashback on Touch ‘n Go eWallet for every minimum transaction of RM50.
- The offers start from 31 December 2020 until March 2021, limited to 62,500 bookings.
‘Malaysia Welcomes You’ Campaign
- Consumers can get RM20 rebate with Touch ‘n Go for booking period from April until June 2021, limited to 62,500 bookings.
- Collaboration with several local airline companies
- RM 50 discount for a one-way ticket
- RM 100 discount for a round-trip ticket
- Booking period: 24 November – 3 December 2020 (Malaysia Airlines)
- Travel period: November 2020 – June 2021
- RM30 discount for ticket purchasing
- RM50 rebate vouchers for Firefly Holidays
- Booking period: 24 November – 8 December 2020
- Travel period: November 2020 – October 2021
- RM50 rebate vouchers for ticket purchasing (maximum 24,000 pax)
- Starting 30 November 2020
- RM50 early bird discount (6,000 pax)
- Starting 9 December 2020
- Collaboration with private & public transportation company (Prasarana Malaysia Berhad)
- MY30 Pass Campaign (Buy 1 Free 1)
- MY30 is an unlimited travel pass for 30 days for all Rapid KL Rail (MRT, LRT, Monorail), BRT, Rapid KL buses and MRT feeder buses
- Starting 7 December 2020 until March 2021
- The first 8,330 consumers who purchase MY30 will be given one free pass in the form of vouchers that can be redeemed for the next month
- Discounts for the purchase of local crafts at Karyaneka outlets
- RM30 discount for every minimum purchase of RM100
- Starting 24 November 2020